Fairmont Executive Sous Chef in Baku, Azerbaijan
Executive Sous Chef
**Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Executive Sous Chef, your expertise in recipe development elevates our menus while your leadership inspires and fosters our Culinary talent.
Hotel Overview: * *
Fairmont Baku, part of the iconic Flame Towers complex, boasts 299 superbly appointed guest rooms, 19 serviced apartments, 7 exquisite dining options, over 2,500 square meters (27,000 square feet) of function space and two ballrooms. With all that it offers, Fairmont Baku the city’s place for distinguished happenings. Be part of our team at the exciting Fairmont Baku!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Manage all Kitchens in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Create all food menus with the guidance of the Executive Chef
- Complete daily market lists to ensure quality food ordering while maintaining budgeted costs
- Meet with Storekeepers to ensure quality & par levels are maintained
- Interact closely with the Catering department to assist in function menu co-ordination and meet with clients as required
- Conduct daily shift briefings with all Sous Chefs
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Managers and Sous Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipments, labour and wastage to meet the goals and the hotel’s financial goals
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must hold valid work & residence permit for Azerbaijan.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Azerbaijan-Baku-Fairmont Baku
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 01.Jun.2018, 2:59:00 PM
Req ID: AZE01238